Anonymous Sign-In allows users (who haven't signed up yet) to use your app without creating an account.
Before getting started with this section, ensure you have:
Adding Anonymous Sign-In comprises of the following steps:
To enable Anonymous authentication in the Firebase:
- 2.Click on the Get started button.
- 3.Select the Sign-in method tab.
- 4.Click on Anonymous (Under the 'Native Providers' section). If you have already added any other provider, click on the Add new provider and then click on Anonymous.
- 5.Find the Anonymous switch and enable it.
- 6.Click on the Save button.
Here's how you can add the anonymous sign-in button from our page template:
When you click the sign-in button, it will trigger the 'Log In' action, redirecting users directly to the home page.
To add login action:
- 1.Select the widget (e.g., Button) on which you want to add the action.
- 3.Search and select the Log in (under Backend/Database > Firebase Authentication) action.
- 4.Set Auth Provider to Anonymous.
- 5.Tick the Create User Document and set the Collection to users. After successful login, this will create the user's entry without any details.
To confirm the successful integration and the creation of users, navigate to your Firebase project > Authentication > Users and check the user entries.
Verify user creation
Last Updated Date: August 31, 2023