Using this action, you play a sound that notifies users about the action they have taken—for example, playing a sound after refreshing a list or sending a message.
It is advisable to use this action only for short audio. To play the more extended audio, consider adding the AudioPlayer widget.
Playing sound after sending a message
Follow the steps below to add this action to any widget.
- 1.Select the Widget (e.g., Button) on which you want to add the action.
- 2.Select Actions from the properties panel (the right menu), If it's the first action, click + Add Action button. Otherwise, click the "+" button below the previous action tile (inside Action Flow Editor) and select Add Action.
- 3.Search and select the Play Sound (under Alerts) action.
- 5.Find the Audio Type dropdown and select Network or Asset.
- 6.If you choose Network:
- 1.Inside the Network Path section,
- 1.To set the static audio, select the Value Source > Specific Value and enter the Value as a URL that will play the sound.
- 2.To set the dynamic audio, select the Value Source > From Variable > click UNSET and set the URL from a variable.
- 7.If you choose Asset, click the Upload Audio button, select the sound and upload it.
- 8.You can also control the sound volume using the Volume slider. It ranges from 0.0 to 1.0, where 0 is mute and 1 is full volume.
- 9.By default, this action is 'non-blocking', meaning it will trigger the following/next action (if any) as soon as this one is triggered. If you want to wait until the sound playing is finished before triggering any further action, enable Await Playback option.
Adding Play Sound action